Posted by bj on Tuesday, September 9, 2008
I'm registered for this weekend's Greenwood Furnace Folk Gathering and have been looking forward to it for awhile. Well, I just checked the weather for the weekend and right now they're predicting 50% chance of rain ** all three days. ** This is a camping event.
Hopefully that forecast will change. But if it doesn't, the decision becomes do I wanna risk having my arthritis flare up while camping in the damp (pretty much inevitable if it rains to any degree) after driving 120 miles to get there or just bag it, and lose the 60 bucks registration fee. There is a local event on Sunday I can attend as an alternative, and the weather report for here in the Easton area, though there is a possibility of a passing shower, it doesn't seem like it's anywhere near as inevitable.
Maybe it's time to sacrifice another weatherman to appease the gods.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008 @5:39:49 PM
Go anyway. Suck on the willow bark like Krose suggested and you'll do fine. I never listen to the weather forecast, I go on with my plans, although sometimes I have to improvise a bit.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008 @6:32:35 PM
Go! And get yourself an air mattress to sleep on, should keep them pains at bay (better than a sleep number bed, they are!)
Arkansas Traveler Says:
Wednesday, September 10, 2008 @3:22:09 PM
Get yourself a good set of waterproofs and footware, and 'ave a great time
Thursday, September 11, 2008 @10:35:15 AM
LOL! The weather report has gotten even WORSE! When they say it's 60% chance of rain all day and showing 95 to 100% cloud cover all three days, with some time slots having a 60% chance of intense thunderstorms (think high wind with an EZ Up, UGH!) this does not make for comfortable camping. If I was 20something and a lot dumber, I'd probably go anyway, but I'm in my 50's and no masochist. Especially since there's another event close by.
Friday, September 12, 2008 @2:36:19 PM
The weather report here was 5- 9 inches of rain starting last night. So far it's sunshine as far as I can see. Hope you get to go and have pleasant weather...let me know.
Friday, September 12, 2008 @2:43:37 PM
It's been pouring buckets here all day. I already cancelled. I'm going to the Fireback Fiddle and Banjo Contest tomorrow instead, which is rain or shine, and there's only a 30% chance of a passing shower. And Fireback is run by my teacher, so . . .
The last I looked at the State College PA forecast it was 100% chance of rain today into around noon tomorrow, when it dropped to 60% through Saturday late PM and down to 30% on Sunday AM, and the event runs til noon on Sunday. I think I made the right decision, much as I hate missing it.
Sunday, September 14, 2008 @11:13:04 AM
I had a blast at Fireback Fiddle and Banjo Contest. Got to jam with janepaints on banjo, heard some great playing, made a new friend who married an old school acquaintance, and NO PAIN, NO RAIN!
Humbled by this instrument Says:
Sunday, October 21, 2012 @8:40:03 PM
Rub your hands in stinging nettle. It'll help the arthritis...:o)
You must sign into your myHangout account before you can post comments.
'I'll Fly Away' 3 hrs
'Smooth Fiddlers?' 1 day
'Pietro Bellini Violin 2006' 2 days
'Nursing home' 3 days