Posted by flyingfrog on Friday, December 4, 2020
By popular demand, I've created a special ZOOM workshop for fiddlers who have recently become interested in playing Irish Traditional tunes. Monday Dec. 7th at 6:00pm ET I'll lead a combined workshop and slow session featuring a playlist of ten classic tunes in ten different types/styles, explaining the unique characteristics of each type (and how to identify them) along the way. I'll also explain the finer details of session etiquette, offer some helpful hints on learning tunes by ear, and take questions throughout. Participants will also receive music sheets for all tunes and more! Fee is only $15. Contact me at email@example.com to sign up for this Zoom workshop I've tailored specifically for everyone who's "NEW TO TRAD"!
Like to see the playlist in advance? Here it is:
1. John Ryan's Polka (Irish POLKA in D)
2. Swallowtail Jig (Irish JIG in Em)
3. Road to Lisdoonvarna (Irish SLIDE in Em)
4. The Merry Blacksmith (Irish REEL in D)
5. Harvest Home (Irish HORNPIPE in D)
6. Dawning of the Day (Irish MARCH in D)
7. The Butterfly (Irish SLIPJIG in Em)
8. Southwind (Irish SLOW AIR in G)
9. Shebeg & Shemore (O'CAROLAN tune in D)
10. Lucy Farr's Barndance (Irish BARNDANCE in G)
Ten classic tunes representing ten Irish tune types!
You must sign into your myHangout account before you can post comments.
'Slurred Decending Triplets' 13 hrs
'"I Don't Love Nobody" in A' 2 days