Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors


Aug 20, 2026 - 7:47:07 PM
like this

Quincy

Belgium

1578 posts since 1/16/2021

My admiration for those with clever use of good technique speaks for itself.
It's being compensated by an absolute and radical rejection of any prescribed obligations.
I like to play in FREEDOM.


Aug 21, 2026 - 9:21:01 AM
like this

Old Scratch

Canada

1547 posts since 6/22/2016

With the proviso that I've never listened to much American Old Time, and don't know what Drunken Hiccups is "supposed to" sound like - what you're doing sounds fine to me. I really do like the sound you're getting out of that fiddle. I would say, Keep doing what you're doing ... !

Aug 22, 2026 - 2:05:49 AM
likes this

Quincy

Belgium

1578 posts since 1/16/2021

Old Scratch, thank you for the encouragement! It's been a long road for me so far. One of the biggest obstacles was feeling totally lost more than once as a European fiddler, exploring Appalachian fiddling from the other side of the Atlantic. I was venturing into territory that felt largely uncharted to me.

But honestly, I live for those moments of euphoria when, after struggling with something for a very long time, I suddenly discover the truth about itβ€” and, even better, when I find that I can actually apply it in my own playing.

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Privacy Consent (EU/GDPR Only)

Copyright 2026 Fiddle Hangout. All Rights Reserved.





Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.2617188