Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors


Aug 10, 2026 - 9:49:10 AM

martyjoe

Ireland

376 posts since 7/11/2024

I wonder if anyone can help me. I played in a couple of competitions over the weekend and the one I played fiddle (tenor viola) was recorded by the national broadcaster. There is some really good fiddle playing in it (not from me) by the other alto violas and some really interesting double bass playing reels and jigs. I can get the livestream onto my iPhone and I can send the link by text or email but I haven’t a clue how to get it to this forum?

Aug 10, 2026 - 11:25 AM

3013 posts since 8/27/2008

Presumably you have a link you're using to access the file. Add that link to a post to this site. You have to select "Rich Text" for your post. That will give you several options in a menu above. To make a link select the chain-like icon and it will give you a place to put the link and give you the ability to call it something if you want.

Edited by - Brian Wood on 08/10/2026 11:27:17

Aug 10, 2026 - 11:32:19 AM

DougD

USA

13068 posts since 12/2/2007
Online Now

I think even "Plain Text" mode will recognize a link and make it active.

Aug 10, 2026 - 1:51:55 PM

martyjoe

Ireland

376 posts since 7/11/2024

Aug 10, 2026 - 1:53:42 PM

martyjoe

Ireland

376 posts since 7/11/2024

I found the chain ok but I must have typed something wrong.?

Aug 10, 2026 - 2:14:28 PM

martyjoe

Ireland

376 posts since 7/11/2024

Still not working.

Aug 10, 2026 - 2:18:13 PM

DougD

USA

13068 posts since 12/2/2007
Online Now

Try again. The "https:" part is not in blue, so its not a complete link. Even if I copy & paste the whole thing I get a message " page not available." I think YouTube links don't include that whole word, without some trickery.

Aug 10, 2026 - 2:21:43 PM

DougD

USA

13068 posts since 12/2/2007
Online Now

Here's a sample link from RTE, just as an experiment. BAD THOUGHTS AND LANGUAGE! NO ONE SHOULD FOLLOW IT!
youtu.be/ljPFZrRD3J8?si=QhI6khaJElPN4LnX

Aug 10, 2026 - 2:40:57 PM

DougD

USA

13068 posts since 12/2/2007
Online Now

I tried to delete that link, but it was too late. Just an example - DO NOT FOLLOW!

Aug 10, 2026 - 3:03:25 PM

DougD

USA

13068 posts since 12/2/2007
Online Now

Here's a more palatable link - Joseph Joachim playing Bach in 1903:
youtu.be/Fw998QWfcJs?si=3W1e2UGIJI3D4Kbi
Note the period between the "u" and "b" in "YouTube."

Aug 11, 2026 - 2:57:20 AM

DougD

USA

13068 posts since 12/2/2007
Online Now

martyjoe - Your link just doesn't work for some reason. I looked on YouTube and there were several videos covering the Fleadh on a channel "Northern Ireland Traveler." This was the only one I saw from TG4: youtube.com/live/bk7wBAK-WqI?s...jEZCotpd4

Aug 11, 2026 - 3:31:54 AM

martyjoe

Ireland

376 posts since 7/11/2024

quote:
Originally posted by DougD

martyjoe - Your link just doesn't work for some reason. I looked on YouTube and there were several videos covering the Fleadh on a channel "Northern Ireland Traveler." This was the only one I saw from TG4: youtube.com/live/bk7wBAK-WqI?s...jEZCotpd4


Well Doug that's a better one anyhow. More fiddles there than fiddles in the fiddle competition itself. I'm giving up on this one it seems there's too many characters to type each time and something isn't working. Maybe I can get one of the kids to do it for me. 

Aug 11, 2026 - 4:06:41 AM

DougD

USA

13068 posts since 12/2/2007
Online Now

martyjoe - Here's another YouTube from TG4 that might be even better. Looks like some fine small ensembles.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3K_X3f0XYoM

And here is a collection of their daily coverage - its on their own player though, not YouTube.
tg4.ie/en/player/categories/ir...enre=Ceol

As far as posting links, you don't need to be typing. I just select "Share" below the video, then "Copy to clipboard" and paste it into a post here. Never had a problem.

Aug 12, 2026 - 7:59:08 AM

martyjoe

Ireland

376 posts since 7/11/2024

Very nice. I assume it is the over 18 duo competition. The one I was trying to put up is the competition that I was competing in last Friday. These guys & girls are way better anyhow.

Aug 12, 2026 - 8:31:23 AM

DougD

USA

13068 posts since 12/2/2007
Online Now

martyjoe - Here's a YouTube from Friday: youtube.com/live/WbQtDFKdSuU?s...HmB5hQRbB
Don't have time to watch it right now. I watched a little of the Sunday closing, and it was a little too Riverdance/Eurovision for me, but what I saw of the duos was quite nice, with some interesting combinations of instruments and styles. Good to see the harps, which don't seem to have made it over here much.
I was a bit startled to see this was in Belfast. I probably still have some cousins there, but we fell out of touch after my Mother's generation.

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Privacy Consent (EU/GDPR Only)

Copyright 2026 Fiddle Hangout. All Rights Reserved.





Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.2578125