DVD-quality lessons (including tabs/sheet music) available for immediate viewing on any device.
Take your playing to the next level with the help of a local or online fiddle teacher.
Monthly newsletter includes free lessons, favorite member content, fiddle news and more.
I wonder if anyone can help me. I played in a couple of competitions over the weekend and the one I played fiddle (tenor viola) was recorded by the national broadcaster. There is some really good fiddle playing in it (not from me) by the other alto violas and some really interesting double bass playing reels and jigs. I can get the livestream onto my iPhone and I can send the link by text or email but I haven’t a clue how to get it to this forum?
Presumably you have a link you're using to access the file. Add that link to a post to this site. You have to select "Rich Text" for your post. That will give you several options in a menu above. To make a link select the chain-like icon and it will give you a place to put the link and give you the ability to call it something if you want.
Edited by - Brian Wood on 08/10/2026 11:27:17
https://www.youtube.com/civ/QrP0-lm3fiY?si=ZhiEkMvUEaoLfKhttps://www.youtube.com/civ/QrP0-lm3fiY?sc=ZhiEk4Mv4UEaolfk
Edited by - martyjoe on 08/10/2026 14:13:14
Here's a sample link from RTE, just as an experiment. BAD THOUGHTS AND LANGUAGE! NO ONE SHOULD FOLLOW IT!
youtu.be/ljPFZrRD3J8?si=QhI6khaJElPN4LnX
Here's a more palatable link - Joseph Joachim playing Bach in 1903:
youtu.be/Fw998QWfcJs?si=3W1e2UGIJI3D4Kbi
Note the period between the "u" and "b" in "YouTube."
martyjoe - Your link just doesn't work for some reason. I looked on YouTube and there were several videos covering the Fleadh on a channel "Northern Ireland Traveler." This was the only one I saw from TG4: youtube.com/live/bk7wBAK-WqI?s...jEZCotpd4
quote:
Originally posted by DougDmartyjoe - Your link just doesn't work for some reason. I looked on YouTube and there were several videos covering the Fleadh on a channel "Northern Ireland Traveler." This was the only one I saw from TG4: youtube.com/live/bk7wBAK-WqI?s...jEZCotpd4
Well Doug that's a better one anyhow. More fiddles there than fiddles in the fiddle competition itself. I'm giving up on this one it seems there's too many characters to type each time and something isn't working. Maybe I can get one of the kids to do it for me.
martyjoe - Here's another YouTube from TG4 that might be even better. Looks like some fine small ensembles.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3K_X3f0XYoM
And here is a collection of their daily coverage - its on their own player though, not YouTube.
tg4.ie/en/player/categories/ir...enre=Ceol
As far as posting links, you don't need to be typing. I just select "Share" below the video, then "Copy to clipboard" and paste it into a post here. Never had a problem.
martyjoe - Here's a YouTube from Friday: youtube.com/live/WbQtDFKdSuU?s...HmB5hQRbB
Don't have time to watch it right now. I watched a little of the Sunday closing, and it was a little too Riverdance/Eurovision for me, but what I saw of the duos was quite nice, with some interesting combinations of instruments and styles. Good to see the harps, which don't seem to have made it over here much.
I was a bit startled to see this was in Belfast. I probably still have some cousins there, but we fell out of touch after my Mother's generation.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Privacy Consent (EU/GDPR Only)
Copyright 2026 Fiddle Hangout. All Rights Reserved.