Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

54
Fiddle Lovers Online


Page: 1  2   Last Page (2) 

Jun 15, 2024 - 3:34:02 PM
like this
11495 posts since 3/19/2009

Check the website.. there are some new conditions for early arrivals. 
I'll be there.. I know you were wondering!laugh

Anyhowz.. I'm looking forward to the event and hope to meet some new Hangout members this year. .. Please stop by and introduce yourself..We will be camping near the old tennis courts. You'll find our"free lessons" shingle posted by the road.  I hope to arrive on the Friday before the event.. 

When do YOU arrive?  

Jun 15, 2024 - 4:12:08 PM
likes this

2632 posts since 8/27/2008

quote:
Originally posted by TuneWeaver

Check the website.. there are some new conditions for early arrivals. 
I'll be there.. I know you were wondering!laugh

Anyhowz.. I'm looking forward to the event and hope to meet some new Hangout members this year. .. Please stop by and introduce yourself..We will be camping near the old tennis courts. You'll find our"free lessons" shingle posted by the road.  I hope to arrive on the Friday before the event.. 

When do YOU arrive?  

 


If I were able to choose a festival and go, it would be Clifftop. I might even bump into a few people I know. For years I have seen so many good video clips from there, even transcribed a few tunes from those. Alas, not to be for many reasons. But I'll be watching the videos. Have a great trip!

Jun 15, 2024 - 4:36:01 PM

11495 posts since 3/19/2009

Brian, sorry you can't make it.. YOU are one of the Hangout members who I'd like most to meet in person.

Jun 16, 2024 - 5:32:02 AM
like this

RobBob

USA

2991 posts since 6/26/2007

After about 30 years I've aged out of the rat race, the yellow water, the abysmal showers and hustle and bustle, but I will be camping nearby and sliding in for tunes each day.

Jun 16, 2024 - 8:36:58 AM
likes this

2632 posts since 8/27/2008

quote:
Originally posted by TuneWeaver

Brian, sorry you can't make it.. YOU are one of the Hangout members who I'd like most to meet in person.


Yes, I would enjoy that too. Maybe someday.

Jun 16, 2024 - 6:37:58 PM

bacfire

USA

72 posts since 3/26/2008

I'm switching to the pre-camp weekend this year. Friday until probably Wed or so.

Jun 16, 2024 - 8:34:22 PM
likes this

6529 posts since 9/26/2008

The new rules for Pre-top probably won't affect me, I don't usually arrive before then. I'll be there Friday to Friday and look forward to seeing my Clifftop friends

Jun 27, 2024 - 10:11:51 AM
like this

31 posts since 2/12/2020

I'll be there for the whole thing barring anything unforeseen. I enjoyed hanging out with y'all last year. Plan on being as close to the same place this year as I can get, just down the hill from you. I'll have the home made stuff with a couple of new creations to annoy the masses.

Edited by - steveh_2o on 06/27/2024 10:12:27

Jun 27, 2024 - 3:55:48 PM

6529 posts since 9/26/2008

quote:
Originally posted by RobBob

After about 30 years I've aged out of the rat race, the yellow water, the abysmal showers and hustle and bustle, but I will be camping nearby and sliding in for tunes each day.


Are you staying at Babcock? I considered it this year, but needed to plan further ahead as that raises the event price quite a bit.

Jun 28, 2024 - 11:31:37 AM
like this

RobBob

USA

2991 posts since 6/26/2007

quote:
Originally posted by ChickenMan
quote:
Originally posted by RobBob

After about 30 years I've aged out of the rat race, the yellow water, the abysmal showers and hustle and bustle, but I will be camping nearby and sliding in for tunes each day.


Are you staying at Babcock? I considered it this year, but needed to plan further ahead as that raises the event price quite a bit.


It does but I like the distance from the fray.

Jun 28, 2024 - 7:45:20 PM
like this

432 posts since 6/3/2016
Online Now

I am going this year!

I'll be there with a friend Bob D. who is a very good banjo and guitar player who is a regular participant. He used to live in N. Carolina and has a group he hangs out with. So regarding camp site, I'm just tagging along.

Regarding dates, we're going early. I expect to be there around Friday, July 26 through Wednesday, July 31.

Ernie

Edited by - RinconMtnErnie on 06/28/2024 19:47:16

Jun 30, 2024 - 5:55:02 PM

432 posts since 6/3/2016
Online Now

My friend said that he camps out "near the old basketball courts", so that's where I expect to be. I tried to figure out were "the old tennis courts" are without much luck.

Jun 30, 2024 - 6:44:14 PM

11495 posts since 3/19/2009

quote:
Originally posted by RinconMtnErnie

My friend said that he camps out "near the old basketball courts", so that's where I expect to be. I tried to figure out were "the old tennis courts" are without much luck.

 


Go 100 yards down hill from the lodge on the main road and the courts, used for camping and parking, are the only flat places you'll see...If you see a small white sign along the road  in that area..it is our camp... stop by.. say hi.

Jun 30, 2024 - 7:10:53 PM
likes this

432 posts since 6/3/2016
Online Now

quote:
Originally posted by TuneWeaver
quote:
Originally posted by RinconMtnErnie

My friend said that he camps out "near the old basketball courts", so that's where I expect to be. I tried to figure out were "the old tennis courts" are without much luck.

 


Go 100 yards down hill from the lodge on the main road and the courts, used for camping and parking, are the only flat places you'll see...If you see a small white sign along the road  in that area..it is our camp... stop by.. say hi.


I think I can do that! I will stop by for sure. 

Jul 1, 2024 - 8:58:40 AM
likes this

gapbob

USA

903 posts since 4/20/2008

I'll be looking for some coffee and spam!

Jul 1, 2024 - 9:40:16 AM
likes this

DougD

USA

12010 posts since 12/2/2007

There's Spam at Clifftop? I may have to rethink my opinion of the event. Have you tried the new maple flavor? Extra good for breakfast, or anytime of day!

Edited by - DougD on 07/01/2024 09:40:48

Jul 1, 2024 - 12:21:24 PM

11495 posts since 3/19/2009

quote:
Originally posted by DougD

There's Spam at Clifftop? I may have to rethink my opinion of the event. Have you tried the new maple flavor? Extra good for breakfast, or anytime of day!


Can't speak for other encampments but ours has spam available almost every morning.. Bob, you know where to find us.. I cook it thin and crispy...!  I'll check out the maple flavor..

Jul 1, 2024 - 12:22:11 PM
likes this

11495 posts since 3/19/2009

quote:
Originally posted by gapbob

I'll be looking for some coffee and spam!


You know where to find it..!!! See you ..Katie is bringing coffee and several people will bring spam.. You have an open invitation.

Jul 2, 2024 - 11:58:51 AM
likes this

6529 posts since 9/26/2008

I've attached a screenshot of the camp grounds from Google maps. Blue circle - basketball/tennis court where Ernie and Lee will be....Yellow - where I camp, mostly Pennsylvanians, Iowans and N. Carolinians....Red - "Geezer Hill" aka quiet at night. Good jamming on the hill if you get that far (plenty to do or see without ever getting that far, but definitely do. It's getting very close and I have so much to do to get prepared.


Edited by - ChickenMan on 07/02/2024 12:05:26

Jul 2, 2024 - 9:32:35 PM

432 posts since 6/3/2016
Online Now

quote:
Originally posted by ChickenMan

I've attached a screenshot of the camp grounds from Google maps. Blue circle - basketball/tennis court where Ernie and Lee will be....Yellow - where I camp, mostly Pennsylvanians, Iowans and N. Carolinians....Red - "Geezer Hill" aka quiet at night. Good jamming on the hill if you get that far (plenty to do or see without ever getting that far, but definitely do. It's getting very close and I have so much to do to get prepared.


Thank you so much for posting that screenshot with explanation! It helps a lot.

Because I'm flying, I'm limited in what I can take. So I have less preparation to do than most will. My big decision to simplify travel is to cold-camp. Without going into details, I've been experimenting at home and have a meal plan (lots of couscous and pre-cooked noodles as a base). Plus I plan to patronize food vendors a lot. Not how I want to camp all the time, but in this case the space and weight savings are worth it.

Jul 3, 2024 - 4:57:10 AM
likes this

11495 posts since 3/19/2009

quote:
Originally posted by RinconMtnErnie
quote:
Originally posted by ChickenMan

I've attached a screenshot of the camp grounds from Google maps. Blue circle - basketball/tennis court where Ernie and Lee will be....Yellow - where I camp, mostly Pennsylvanians, Iowans and N. Carolinians....Red - "Geezer Hill" aka quiet at night. Good jamming on the hill if you get that far (plenty to do or see without ever getting that far, but definitely do. It's getting very close and I have so much to do to get prepared.


Thank you so much for posting that screenshot with explanation! It helps a lot.

Because I'm flying, I'm limited in what I can take. So I have less preparation to do than most will. My big decision to simplify travel is to cold-camp. Without going into details, I've been experimenting at home and have a meal plan (lots of couscous and pre-cooked noodles as a base). Plus I plan to patronize food vendors a lot. Not how I want to camp all the time, but in this case the space and weight savings are worth it.

 


That sounds like a good plan.  Many of us (me) bring way too much stuff. The Camp cafeteria has good food, there is a coffee vendor and  a couple of other food setups. Free food is also often available.  There will be plenty of space under multiple canopies  for you to shelter under!  ..Don't forget to look for the  White sign along the road.. That's us..

Jul 3, 2024 - 6:09:21 AM
like this

6529 posts since 9/26/2008

Heard from Hillary that there were issues with the cafeteria contractor and they were looking for a replacement, so I'm not sure how much you want to rely on that. You'll do fine Ernie. Bring some warm clothes as the night's can get pretty cool. Also be very rain prepared since it usually rains at least once.
My first year was the coldest one on record - night time temps got into the upper 40s, that year was an oddity. One year it rained some pretty much every day.

Edited by - ChickenMan on 07/03/2024 06:11:22

Jul 10, 2024 - 3:04:01 PM

11495 posts since 3/19/2009

OK, time for a selfish post.. My fiddling daughter, Katie, owner of Needmoreroasters.com will be at Clifftop this year and is taking Preorders for 'merch' and coffee.. Usually, she only approaches people she knows and takes a ton of preorders from them but this year, hey.. Everybody can preorder..Just go to Needmoreroasters.com.. Maybe this is some sort of site violation.. if so, the moderators may delete... 'such is life'...As I get older, each Clifftop experience becomes more valuable that that of the previous year.. I'll assume that it is so for you also..

Jul 11, 2024 - 2:03:57 PM

6529 posts since 9/26/2008

Turns out my soon to be ex-wife (it's all good) doesn't want to have the dog while I'm at Clifftop. This is going to hinder me immensely as he's not the kind of dog you can just have someone watch while you use the shower or walk the 150+ yards to the port-a-potty, he can be a real, well, terrier. I've not had much chance to get out camping with him this year too get him used to the idea of spending ten minutes in the teardrop but himself. I can use my little changing tent toilet (have it for when the wife needed to pee in the night) but not sure I'll be able to last without a shower for the full 9 days I'm hoping to be there, particularly if it is sweaty hot. Here's hoping it's on the cooler yet drier side laugh

Jul 11, 2024 - 2:07:33 PM

11495 posts since 3/19/2009

quote:
Originally posted by ChickenMan

Turns out my soon to be ex-wife (it's all good) doesn't want to have the dog while I'm at Clifftop. This is going to hinder me immensely as he's not the kind of dog you can just have someone watch while you use the shower or walk the 150+ yards to the port-a-potty, he can be a real, well, terrier. I've not had much chance to get out camping with him this year too get him used to the idea of spending ten minutes in the teardrop but himself. I can use my little changing tent toilet (have it for when the wife needed to pee in the night) but not sure I'll be able to last without a shower for the full 9 days I'm hoping to be there, particularly if it is sweaty hot. Here's hoping it's on the cooler yet drier side laugh


Well, I have met your dog and I THINK I can dog sitter..for ten minutes.. Keep me in mind..Also, Katie is a skilled dog TRAINER.. It could be interesting..

Jul 11, 2024 - 5:37:29 PM

291 posts since 11/26/2013

Eehhhh Chickenman, terriers! My old Jack Russel made camping and festivals impossible. Way too agressive with strangers and other dogs! And neurotic.

Page: 1  2   Last Page (2) 

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Privacy Consent
Copyright 2024 Fiddle Hangout. All Rights Reserved.





Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.40625