Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

Fiddle Lovers Online

Page:  First Page   1  2

Oct 30, 2022 - 3:53:05 PM
likes this

14137 posts since 9/23/2009
Online Now

Yeah...he could juggle too...like nobdy else i've ever seen. I can juggle a little, but he could do all sorts of tricks with his juggling.

Oct 31, 2022 - 4:56:45 AM

193 posts since 12/30/2008

Playing when I'm exhausted will put me to sleep. I suppose it's the soothing effect of the music.

Oct 31, 2022 - 11:40:33 AM

39 posts since 9/22/2021

If I'm that spent, I usually will just play mandolin. Especially if I've been cutting trees or doing other farm work. Or after a particularly long and busy shift at work. I've tried to play fiddle at those times but usually get frustrated or just can't get inspired because I need something a little more restful. As in loll on the couch and noodle restful.  If I'm so spent that even the mandolin is tough, then I read! At least for me, if it gets to the point of struggling to play in a satisfying way when tired, it seems like it almost can set me back a bit.

Edited by - mtnfidil on 10/31/2022 11:41:18

Oct 31, 2022 - 12:18:32 PM

Old Scratch

Canada

1091 posts since 6/22/2016

groundhogpeggy Well, I never heard of Leonardo juggling, so maybe your dad had that up on him ... ! (groundhogpeggy's dad, that is).

Oct 31, 2022 - 1:06:07 PM

14137 posts since 9/23/2009
Online Now

lol...well he never invented anything, so Leonardo is still leading the way...no competition there.

Nov 25, 2022 - 6:32:40 AM
likes this

35 posts since 6/20/2022

quote:
Originally posted by RobBob

When I pick up an instrument, any and I cannot seem to get things to gel, I know it is me and not the instrument. Everything is harder than it has to be, the things you could do yesterday are unattainable and nothing seems in tune or in sync, it's me. At these times I rest and perhaps listen and maybe even fall asleep listening. But playing, that ain't going to happen until I get my mojo back.

I went to some festivals this summer and it just felt Amazing, the music just glided off my fingers on its own! Now I'm home alone and there's no jams within 50 miles (can't drive to them anyway) and I'm just too bored & uninspired to practice. My shoulders hurt from arthritis & I'm sleepy after a long day & my skill level is rusting away. Except now & then I get inspired, maybe from a youtube video. I'll play some easy stuff like one of those 100 mph Irish tunes, & get so inspired it practically plays itself! it happened the other day, I felt so energized I felt like I'd got 20 yrs younger! I said "why don't I do this all the time?" The answer is...it is very difficult to get into that state.

Page:  First Page   1  2

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories