Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

197
Fiddle Lovers Online


Page:  First Page   1  2

Jun 30, 2022 - 3:17:47 PM

2764 posts since 10/22/2007

quote:
Originally posted by TuneWeaver

Later, this afternoon I smelled Mothballs...I had originally put mothballs into the hole, but the hole was covered..So... I checked.. SOMETHING as big as a tyrannosaurus had redug the hole .. So.. I set snares (2) and a live trap... This thing is obviously smarter than I am..(doesn't take much, really)...


From somewhere I remember to bate the trap with canned peaches. 

Jun 30, 2022 - 4:18:46 PM

10404 posts since 3/19/2009

quote:
Originally posted by farmerjones
quote:
Originally posted by TuneWeaver

Later, this afternoon I smelled Mothballs...I had originally put mothballs into the hole, but the hole was covered..So... I checked.. SOMETHING as big as a tyrannosaurus had redug the hole .. So.. I set snares (2) and a live trap... This thing is obviously smarter than I am..(doesn't take much, really)...


From somewhere I remember to bate the trap with canned peaches. 


Do I need to open the can?   A "friend'' wants to know.. I'm using cabbage because I'm out of apples..which usually work..

Jun 30, 2022 - 5:02:38 PM
likes this

2764 posts since 10/22/2007

quote:
Originally posted by TuneWeaver
quote:
Originally posted by farmerjones
quote:
Originally posted by TuneWeaver

Later, this afternoon I smelled Mothballs...I had originally put mothballs into the hole, but the hole was covered..So... I checked.. SOMETHING as big as a tyrannosaurus had redug the hole .. So.. I set snares (2) and a live trap... This thing is obviously smarter than I am..(doesn't take much, really)...


From somewhere I remember to bate the trap with canned peaches. 


Do I need to open the can?   A "friend'' wants to know.. I'm using cabbage because I'm out of apples..which usually work..


laugh  yes, apparently they like sweet treats.  Don't cut your tongue on the can lid. Jussayinsmiley

Jun 30, 2022 - 5:38:50 PM

10404 posts since 3/19/2009

quote:
Originally posted by farmerjones
quote:
Originally posted by TuneWeaver
quote:
Originally posted by farmerjones
quote:
Originally posted by TuneWeaver

Later, this afternoon I smelled Mothballs...I had originally put mothballs into the hole, but the hole was covered..So... I checked.. SOMETHING as big as a tyrannosaurus had redug the hole .. So.. I set snares (2) and a live trap... This thing is obviously smarter than I am..(doesn't take much, really)...


From somewhere I remember to bate the trap with canned peaches. 


Do I need to open the can?   A "friend'' wants to know.. I'm using cabbage because I'm out of apples..which usually work..


laugh  yes, apparently they like sweet treats.  Don't cut your tongue on the can lid. Jussayinsmiley


I DID find some candied peaches if the frig.. Shhhh don't tell my wife they are now groundhog bait..!

Jun 30, 2022 - 6:24:20 PM
likes this

13697 posts since 9/23/2009
Online Now

How many groundhogs ya got? The babies leave home at 2 months old...ours are already gone. Now it's just the mom waddling around looking for greens and such. She eats my horseradish leaves, which is fine with me because you can't kill that stuff if you try...comes right back and we can still make plenty of horseradish from the roots...I take tomato scraps or other veggie scraps and such out there...we seem to have an understanding. I don't know how many different groundhog moms we've had there...just about 20 ft out from our front door, but in the 33 years we've lived here I've been involved with our groundhogs. The do love cookies too...but I never give animals chocolate, because it's toxic to so many types of critters.

Jul 11, 2022 - 2:58:31 PM

13697 posts since 9/23/2009
Online Now

Been going to chiropractor for I think two weeks...because as I might've mentioned somewhere above, my knee just went and blew up in early january...and usually I work through such things but it just got worse and worse, etc. for months. Swelling up all the time and me trying to hike through the woods and do workouts and such...owie...finally I went to orthopedic place that fixed my broken arm and they just didn't really do much of anything besides send me bills with not much explanation and pretty much do nothing.

Well the chiropractors are very high tech these days...this one I found online and have been going to has some high tech gadgets that are used by medical doctors in Europe...approved for medical use here but not used too much, but the chiropractors have jumped on this bigtime...it's called softwave therapy, or has other names but anyhow they use acoustic waves (the power of music!!!) that they deliver to your joint through a shock through a wand filled with water...or something like that...it's not a comfortable thing if you have inflammation, but I have actually seen some pretty good results...that plus the knee traction machine and some infra red light therapy plus regular chiropractic stuff...so...I'm diggin' it and two weeks in sorta gettin' my knee back. I can now walk about 2 miles of rugged hillside without a twinge...by third mile I start getting some feedback from the knee but not nearly as bad as it always was before. So...hey if you get a bad joint...might wanna check out and see who in your area does Softwave/ shockwave and see if they would consider you a candidate...I mean...seems to work for me at least. Better knees make better moods, I can say that for a fact...lol.

Jul 11, 2022 - 3:25:49 PM
likes this

10404 posts since 3/19/2009

For 25 years, I worked daily in chiropractic offices..Several each week.. They get flack because people think they are not trained and that you have to just keep on going back week after week.. Here is what I observed over all of those years.. If you have a problem a chiropractor can help then go to one.. but you won't necessarily know until you go and THEY will do their best and if they can't help you, better ones will admit it and send you to a different type of professional.. Of course it is the same with Medical Doctors. Not every condition can be treated by pills...... Chiropractic parking lots are usually full because people Want to be there.. Sure it is debatable/arguable and many of us have had good and bad stories about ANY type of  healthcare professional.... Problem is, we Usually just hear about the failures and not about the successes.. I could elaborate, but won't...Suffice it to say, Chiropractic isn't for every condition, but when it works, it can seem to be miraculous..

Edited by - TuneWeaver on 07/11/2022 15:28:09

Jul 11, 2022 - 7:34:14 PM

13697 posts since 9/23/2009
Online Now

True. We have, or had...haven't seen him for years now...a friend in college who studied nursing and always wanted to be a chiropractor...he spent a few years as a hospital nurse just to get to know medicine a little better and then went to chiropractic school in Georgia, came back to KY and always talked about how he loved helping people in a way that doctors might not be able to (he moved to Georgia maybe 15 or 20 years back, so no more long conversations with hime). Anyway, I never went to doctors or chiropractors either one back then...lol...i was just pretty lucky and healthy plus never got injured no matter what sorts of awful things happened...never amounted to more than a bruise or whatever. But here in the past few years...broke my arm and got to know the orthopedic doctors...went to them first when this knee thing happened and got bills coming in the mail a few times a week while I just got worse and worse...obviously not helpful for this thing. Went to the chiropractor and was really amazed at all the high-tech stuff they have and yes, all the cars in the parking lot and people going in for help...they definitely have their place in this world. The lady who does the shockwave was telling me how she really loves her job because she loves seeing people get better and especially helping that happen. Yeah, not for every condition, but when it's the right thing, they can sure do a good job.

Edited by - groundhogpeggy on 07/11/2022 19:35:27

Page:  First Page   1  2

Hide these ads: join the Players Union!

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.140625