Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

Fiddle Lovers Online

Page:  First Page   Previous Page   1   2  3

Mar 14, 2022 - 6:11:15 PM

13313 posts since 9/23/2009

Poverty is a shadow that follows you through life...sometimes. Some people seem to be able to turn it all around though.

Mar 15, 2022 - 3:25:21 AM

5958 posts since 8/7/2009

quote:
Originally posted by groundhogpeggy

Poverty is a shadow that follows you through life...sometimes. Some people seem to be able to turn it all around though.

Kirk's fifth rule has a way of turning it "all around". In my experience - having things doesn't always get people out of poverty. 

Mar 15, 2022 - 4:53:12 AM
like this

13313 posts since 9/23/2009

True...it ain't necessarily about having things. But sometimes the situations have the shadow of poverty hanging over a person and the only way out would involve everything way outside of one's reach. I don't care about things, except a fiddle or two...lol...but situations can just be exhausting to deal with. Either you understand that or you don't...I guess.

Mar 15, 2022 - 5:34:09 AM
like this

5958 posts since 8/7/2009

quote:
Originally posted by groundhogpeggy

True...it ain't necessarily about having things. But sometimes the situations have the shadow of poverty hanging over a person and the only way out would involve everything way outside of one's reach. I don't care about things, except a fiddle or two...lol...but situations can just be exhausting to deal with. Either you understand that or you don't...I guess.

I do. 

FWIW... I see Ms Peggy as a very rich lady in a lot of ways. But I do understand the burden of hardship.

Page:  First Page   Previous Page   1   2  3

Hide these ads: join the Players Union!

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

9.301758E-02