Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

104
Fiddle Lovers Online


Jan 27, 2021 - 3:49:35 AM
like this

WyoBob

USA

201 posts since 5/16/2019

I sometimes have trouble with the ball end coming out of the fine tuner slot when I'm installing new strings.   This is more of a problem with geared tuners where there is a lot of cranking going on with a string winder. 

I now put the ball end in the fine tuner slot, stretch the string over the bridge and put a mute on the bridge.  The mute is the third hand that I've been missingsmiley

Jan 27, 2021 - 5:21:43 AM
likes this

11700 posts since 9/23/2009

Great idea, Bob! Thanks for sharing.

Jan 27, 2021 - 6:56:25 AM
like this

101 posts since 4/30/2012

Wow! Such a simple solution to a very common problem. Thanks Bob!

Jan 27, 2021 - 9:51:37 AM
like this

Viper

USA

232 posts since 1/6/2011

A solution that is brilliant in its simplicity. Give this man the Nobel Peace Prize!

Jan 27, 2021 - 9:53:04 AM
like this

3076 posts since 6/21/2007

That works well, as does a capo for guitar and banjo.

Jan 27, 2021 - 10:09:05 AM

WyoBob

USA

201 posts since 5/16/2019

quote:
Originally posted by BanjoBrad

That works well, as does a capo for guitar and banjo.


That's where I got the idea. surprise  I've been using the capo when restringing my banjos for several years.

Jan 27, 2021 - 1:03:51 PM
like this

8933 posts since 3/19/2009

quote:
Originally posted by WyoBob

I sometimes have trouble with the ball end coming out of the fine tuner slot when I'm installing new strings.   This is more of a problem with geared tuners where there is a lot of cranking going on with a string winder. 

I now put the ball end in the fine tuner slot, stretch the string over the bridge and put a mute on the bridge.  The mute is the third hand that I've been missingsmiley


Your "GENIUS" award will be arriving soon, ..delivered  in a golden  box by some guys walking right behind the Brass band!!!!

Jan 27, 2021 - 1:06:51 PM
likes this

WyoBob

USA

201 posts since 5/16/2019

quote:
Originally posted by TuneWeaver
quote:
Originally posted by WyoBob

I sometimes have trouble with the ball end coming out of the fine tuner slot when I'm installing new strings.   This is more of a problem with geared tuners where there is a lot of cranking going on with a string winder. 

I now put the ball end in the fine tuner slot, stretch the string over the bridge and put a mute on the bridge.  The mute is the third hand that I've been missingsmiley


Your "GENIUS" award will be arriving soon, ..delivered  in a golden  box by some guys walking right behind the Brass band!!!!


Don't tell me.   The guys with the golden box are from Nigeriafrown

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.09375