Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

Fiddle Lovers Online

Want to hide these Google ads? Join the Players Union!
Jul 22, 2020 - 8:23:56 PM
10 posts since 5/16/2020

Hi all,

Anyone know if this fine tuner has a model name or style name?
Can't seem to find one like it online. Only accepts loop e-strings.



Jul 22, 2020 - 10:42:06 PM

1655 posts since 12/11/2008

Never seen it. But I gotta say that almost every brand of fine tuner works with either loop or ball/ring end strings.

Jul 23, 2020 - 7:09:16 AM



9767 posts since 12/2/2007

Take a closer look, Ed. I don't see any way a ball end would work.
That looks like an old timer and probably quite precise and likely pretty heavy. I've never seen one like that, but quite a few types show up in old cases. There are a range of styles available today though.

Jul 23, 2020 - 1:26:57 PM

1655 posts since 12/11/2008

Doug, yeah you're right. I probably just misunderstood the intent of the post. I was assuming that Johnny Mariachi was hoping to buy a new fine tuner, or maybe a set of them, and wanted to know the buying landscape. In any case, Johnny -- fine tuners are easy to install and won't be a bank breaker. In the world of fiddling, it's one of the least of your worries.

Jul 23, 2020 - 3:23:23 PM

964 posts since 6/26/2007

I don't know of a name, but I have a few similar but not exactly the same. They are pretty old and may go back to days before ball-end strings were common.

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories