Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

Fiddle Lovers Online

The Politics of scheduling a Jam session

Want to hide these Google ads? Join the Players Union!

Page:  First Page   1  2

Sep 19, 2019 - 9:03:34 AM

8240 posts since 3/19/2009

quote:
Originally posted by gapbob
quote:
Originally posted by TuneWeaver
quote:
Originally posted by gapbob

A jam session should be a chance for friends to get together.

All that other crap is BS. I am able to play music by myself just fine, but when I get together with friends, it is the friendships that matter, music, our similar interest, is the glue, the excuse for us to get together. For those who don't understand, don't waste your effort.

Well put, Bob... Music is the glue...  With the greatest of kindness, I'll say that those who just send out invitations (as I have done from time to time) without any considerations..probably WOULD  keep in mind who normally can or can't come to jams for whatever reason.. So,  I'll not judge too harshly... One reason that I like hosting a lot of relatively small jams is just so I can accommodate various people's needs/availability........ besides... the more excuses to have a jam..the better....Those who COULD host a jam but Don't... well.. they should be the last to complain..winkHey, BOB.. If I host a weekend jam this fall, would you drive down from Michigan ??? Rent free!!

Yeah, but my free weekends are sparse, between opera, football, etc.

I know some operatic pieces on Banjo and kazoo... We could play those??

Sep 19, 2019 - 2:54:04 PM

So, this is how it works.. I just wrote an email inviting my friend, Dan to play some tunes tomorrow.. THEN, I realized that he can Never play tunes on a Friday night.. Even a jam of 2..can have an issue..wink  Now I'll contact Larry... see what I can come up with for the evening..

Edited by - TuneWeaver on 09/19/2019 14:56:04

Sep 19, 2019 - 2:59:55 PM

Now, the other side of the COIN... I do host a lot of jams and people often say, "Let me know when you are hosting again.. The last jam was great.."..Well, when is it someone else's turn to host? I always say, "Have fiddle, Will Travel"..YOU host .. I get tired of it..(not really)... Hosting is so easy.. just DO it..

Page:  First Page   1  2

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories