%>
Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

46
Fiddle Lovers Online


 All Forums
 Playing the Fiddle
 Playing Advice
 ARCHIVED TOPIC: Garry Harrison tunes transcriptons


Please note this is an archived topic, so it is locked and unable to be replied to. You may, however, start a new topic and refer to this topic with a link: http://www.fiddlehangout.com/archive/51963

TuneWeaver - Posted - 10/25/2019:  18:09:00


No. As far as I can tell, they don't exist. I contacted one of Garry's relatives today asking about transcriptions to the tunes on the CD, Red Prairie Dawn.. and he is not aware of any .. Most of the tunes on the CD I can or Have already learned by ear from the recordings but one in particular, Round Barn.. is giving me trouble.. I don't suppose that one of you more talented musicians could make a transcriptions of it????

Peghead - Posted - 10/26/2019:  03:54:27


Hi Lee, That's a fun tune. I listened to it and it's quick. Like many of Garry's tunes it's very notey. The bowing is stylized to accommodate the tempo. Do you have any kind of slow down software, they work great for linear tunes like this? I'd be glad to help you with it, I'm a really good transcriber but not great with written transcriptions although I probably could in a pinch. Maybe I could slow it down and send you a file? If you've already done that we could put our heads together and home in the parts that are giving you trouble?   


Edited by - Peghead on 10/26/2019 04:17:18

TuneWeaver - Posted - 10/26/2019:  05:11:21


quote:

Originally posted by Peghead

Hi Lee, That's a fun tune. I listened to it and it's quick. Like many of Garry's tunes it's very notey. The bowing is stylized to accommodate the tempo. Do you have any kind of slow down software, they work great for linear tunes like this? I'd be glad to help you with it, I'm a really good transcriber but not great with written transcriptions although I probably could in a pinch. Maybe I could slow it down and send you a file? If you've already done that we could put our heads together and home in the parts that are giving you trouble?   






I have the amazing slow-downer...I'm having trouble hearing CLEARLY the notes of the tune ... If I could hear clearly I'd be able to to my own tab transcription.. have done a zillion... I'm  also just trying  to save  time by finding something already done.. in other words.. I'm lazy!!!



Garry Harrison tunes are popular around here because many of us got to know him personally... Road to Westfield, Dull Chisel, Dog Town, and Why Do That Preacher Like CHicken So are my favorites..  


Edited by - TuneWeaver on 10/26/2019 05:24:20

TuneWeaver - Posted - 10/26/2019:  08:42:06


Interest in learning to play Round Barn came when Hangout member BSED said he had learned  to play it.... Not to be outdone by another Member I took up the challenge to learn it also...We'll see...Maybe he'll send me HIS tab.. If not I'll just have to slow it down and do it the hard way.. BY MYSELF..!!!smiley



Simple fiddle tab is easy to write.. four spaces = four strings.  Numbers on spaces = finger to use, and length of note is assumed to be an 1/8th note and an underline of a note indicates that it is a 1/4 note...1/2 notes have two underlines..



..This would be a 'tool' and not an accurate transcription,by far....The ABC system works also and is quick but beginners find that more difficult than the line/number system..



.Once the notes being used are determined, the grace notes, chords/drones   all come out of my head.... This type of tab works great for notey tunes like many of Garry's....


Edited by - TuneWeaver on 10/26/2019 08:55:41

TuneWeaver - Posted - 10/26/2019:  18:11:46


quote:

Originally posted by Peghead

Hi Lee, That's a fun tune. I listened to it and it's quick. Like many of Garry's tunes it's very notey. The bowing is stylized to accommodate the tempo. Do you have any kind of slow down software, they work great for linear tunes like this? I'd be glad to help you with it, I'm a really good transcriber but not great with written transcriptions although I probably could in a pinch. Maybe I could slow it down and send you a file? If you've already done that we could put our heads together and home in the parts that are giving you trouble?   






I have slowed it down to 25% and hear that there is so much going on...Any help will, well, HELP.. I've asked around for someone who has a program that converts music to Dots.. We'll see what we turn up........



 

ricepaper - Posted - 10/26/2019:  21:12:23


Hi TuneWeaver, I've been meaning to learn this tune for a while now. Thanks for reminding me. Like you already said, this tune is fast. I need to write it down to be able to learn it as well. I uploaded it to the tab library (it's in standard notation though).



Round Barn (Standard Notation)

TuneWeaver - Posted - 10/27/2019:  04:41:37


while trying to find sheet music for "Round Barn" by Garry Harrison.. a friend said that she heard from Garry's brother, Steve, (at Garry's funeral) that the tune is about being in a round barn and looking for a corner to pee in. He said that the tune reflects Garry's creativity.... the panic is written into the tune. Sounds logical, right?


Edited by - TuneWeaver on 10/27/2019 04:48:47

bsed - Posted - 10/27/2019:  06:50:24


I tried to type my transcription of Round Barn, but when I posted it, it was all wrong. So since I can't post my tablature here, I guess I'd have to make it available some other way. If nothing else, I can snail mail it if you contact me. OK, Lee?

bsed - Posted - 10/27/2019:  06:51:37


quote:

Originally posted by TuneWeaver

while trying to find sheet music for "Round Barn" by Garry Harrison.. a friend said that she heard from Garry's brother, Steve, (at Garry's funeral) that the tune is about being in a round barn and looking for a corner to pee in. He said that the tune reflects Garry's creativity.... the panic is written into the tune. Sounds logical, right?






Great story!

bsed - Posted - 10/27/2019:  07:00:02


quote:

Originally posted by ricepaper

Hi TuneWeaver, I've been meaning to learn this tune for a while now. Thanks for reminding me. Like you already said, this tune is fast. I need to write it down to be able to learn it as well. I uploaded it to the tab library (it's in standard notation though).



Round Barn (Standard Notation)






I see you set the tune in D. But to me it sounds like it's in A. I don't think it's modal, and there's no key change from A-part to the B-part. Just wondering how you set it in D.



The main way I learn the key of a tune is by the last note played. The last note that I can hear in both parts of the tune is an open A note.


Edited by - bsed on 10/27/2019 07:09:11

TuneWeaver - Posted - 10/27/2019:  07:02:55


quote:

Originally posted by bsed

I tried to type my transcription of Round Barn, but when I posted it, it was all wrong. So since I can't post my tablature here, I guess I'd have to make it available some other way. If nothing else, I can snail mail it if you contact me. OK, Lee?






Yes, I'll send you my address.. Do you have a camera on your phone? You could just send me a photo of what you have..??

bsed - Posted - 10/27/2019:  07:13:00


Lee, I have a camera on my phone, but it's a flip phone, and I haven't been able to figure out how to send pictures. (The manual for this phone is really sh!tty! So maybe I should send it to you. You can pm me your address.


Edited by - bsed on 10/27/2019 07:13:41

bsed - Posted - 10/27/2019:  08:50:31


Also, in measure 5 & 6, those G's are not sharp.

TuneWeaver - Posted - 10/27/2019:  11:43:36


Ok, I've been playing the posted transcription for a couple of hours now..Thanks, Ricepaper, for doing that work.. It seems like a pretty accurate transcription..Bruce, I see that it sounds good with those G's sharp OR natural.. This is going to be a great tune to play and I hope a couple of others learn it.. Thanks, Bruce for bring it to my attention.. We'll play it the next chance we get. BUT I doubt that I'll Ever want to play it as fast as Garry did.!!!


Edited by - TuneWeaver on 10/27/2019 11:44:53

ricepaper - Posted - 10/27/2019:  11:59:40


quote:

Originally posted by bsed

Also, in measure 5 & 6, those G's are not sharp.






Yeah, it's a half sharp symbol. They're somewhere inbetween G natural and G sharp. I believe it's been discussed here before (or maybe on banjohangout) the use of 'blunt' notes in old-time.

ricepaper - Posted - 10/27/2019:  12:04:42


quote:

Originally posted by bsed

quote:

Originally posted by ricepaper

Hi TuneWeaver, I've been meaning to learn this tune for a while now. Thanks for reminding me. Like you already said, this tune is fast. I need to write it down to be able to learn it as well. I uploaded it to the tab library (it's in standard notation though).



Round Barn (Standard Notation)






I see you set the tune in D. But to me it sounds like it's in A. I don't think it's modal, and there's no key change from A-part to the B-part. Just wondering how you set it in D.



The main way I learn the key of a tune is by the last note played. The last note that I can hear in both parts of the tune is an open A note.






The chords the rest of the band plays are D, A, G A, over and over. Those are the I, V, IV, and V chords in the Key of D. Like TuneWeaver said, this tune is about trying to urinate in the corner of a round barn, so it makes sense it would end on an A (V chord), never resolving (ignoring the tag at the end).

TuneWeaver - Posted - 10/27/2019:  12:38:00


quote:

Originally posted by ricepaper

quote:

Originally posted by bsed

Also, in measure 5 & 6, those G's are not sharp.






Yeah, it's a half sharp symbol. They're somewhere inbetween G natural and G sharp. I believe it's been discussed here before (or maybe on banjohangout) the use of 'blunt' notes in old-time.






That make Perfecct sense and may explain why it sound both sharp and flat and may be the source of Bruce's disagreement..



Like most tunes, once they are broken down a little and put on paper they start to make more sense.. I already see one measure that my body wants to play a quarter note instead of two eights and it won't make the tune sound bad so I'll probably do that.. Garry himself told me that we should play the tunes however WE want and did  not want us constrained by any particular version.. (I say as I duck and run from the more 'purist' fiddlers on the Hangout)  laugh


Edited by - TuneWeaver on 10/27/2019 12:43:12

TuneWeaver - Posted - 10/27/2019:  14:26:34


I want to add..I had the pleasure of jamming with Garry at least 50 times.. (literally).. and he NEVER played his tunes as fast in jams as he played them on his CD.. He told me that when they were recording..that the technicians told him to play as fast as possible... so... He DID.... the rest is history.. Just because you can play fast does not mean that that is how you always play.. Usually, from my observations, Garry didn't play any faster than the rest of us..

bsed - Posted - 10/27/2019:  14:59:13


quote:

Originally posted by TuneWeaver

I want to add..I had the pleasure of jamming with Garry at least 50 times.. (literally).. and he NEVER played his tunes as fast in jams as he played them on his CD.. He told me that when they were recording..that the technicians told him to play as fast as possible... so... He DID.... the rest is history.. Just because you can play fast does not mean that that is how you always play.. Usually, from my observations, Garry didn't play any faster than the rest of us..






I saw a video of AJ Srubas playing Boneyard (I know AJ is a BIG Garry Harrison fan---that's why he named his group Steam Machine) and AJ played it as fast as Garry did on the album. I play the tune myself, but I can't play it that fast!

bsed - Posted - 10/27/2019:  15:04:46


quote:

Originally posted by ricepaper

quote:

Originally posted by bsed

Also, in measure 5 & 6, those G's are not sharp.






Yeah, it's a half sharp symbol. They're somewhere inbetween G natural and G sharp. I believe it's been discussed here before (or maybe on banjohangout) the use of 'blunt' notes in old-time.






OK. I guess we're going to agree to disagree. Based on the way I hear the tune, it's in the key of A all day. And those 'half-sharp' G-notes ----I myself play them a 1/2 step above F. That's what I hear in Garry's playing.



I do appreciate hearing another perspective though. There's a lot of value in that!


Edited by - bsed on 10/27/2019 15:07:37

TuneWeaver - Posted - 10/27/2019:  15:06:24


quote:

Originally posted by bsed

quote:

Originally posted by TuneWeaver

I want to add..I had the pleasure of jamming with Garry at least 50 times.. (literally).. and he NEVER played his tunes as fast in jams as he played them on his CD.. He told me that when they were recording..that the technicians told him to play as fast as possible... so... He DID.... the rest is history.. Just because you can play fast does not mean that that is how you always play.. Usually, from my observations, Garry didn't play any faster than the rest of us..






I saw a video of AJ Srubas playing Boneyard (I know AJ is a BIG Garry Harrison fan---that's why he named his group Steam Machine) and AJ played it as fast as Garry did on the album. I play the tune myself, but I can't play it that fast!






Yes.. Sometimes my jam friends say that I play fast... Obviously, they haven't listened to Garry lately...When a well know musician plays fast it is to be emulated.. but when you or I play fast, well, we're playing too fast!!

bsed - Posted - 10/27/2019:  15:08:50


Yup!

TuneWeaver - Posted - 10/27/2019:  15:08:50


quote:

Originally posted by bsed

quote:

Originally posted by ricepaper

quote:

Originally posted by bsed

Also, in measure 5 & 6, those G's are not sharp.






Yeah, it's a half sharp symbol. They're somewhere inbetween G natural and G sharp. I believe it's been discussed here before (or maybe on banjohangout) the use of 'blunt' notes in old-time.






OK. I guess we're going to agree to disagree. Based on the way I hear the tune, it's in the key of A all day. And those 'half-sharp' G-notes ----I myself play them a 1/2 step above F. That's what I hear in Garry's playing.






IN the end.. If you can play along , tightly, with the original recording, then it doesn't matter what key you think you are playing in.. and If I can play along with you, the  is NOT a KEY.. It'll be MAGIC..



 


Edited by - TuneWeaver on 10/27/2019 15:09:35

ricepaper - Posted - 10/27/2019:  15:54:08


When I play m. 5 & 6, my fingers definitely want to play a G natural. I think that's because the chord underneath it is a G chord and playing the G slightly sharp adds weird dissonance. But listening to the recording slowed down multiple times, I am definitely hearing that dissonance. I agree that as your own fiddler, you can and should play those Gs however you want them. It's all about personal expression. But when I write down a tune from a source recording, I want to be as accurate to the source as possible. Writing them down as G naturals would be revisionist rather than descriptivist, and I firmly believe that a musician of Garry's caliber would be intentional about playing those Gs sharp, regardless of any 3rd party's ideas about dissonance.



I appreciate all the discussion too!



On a related note, earlier this month some videos were posted on youtube, including Garry playing Round Barn. I never saw Garry play in person and it's very cool to see his bowing arm play these tunes for the first time.



Garry Harrison - Round Barn


Edited by - ricepaper on 10/27/2019 15:56:34

TuneWeaver - Posted - 10/27/2019:  16:12:48


quote:

Originally posted by ricepaper

When I play m. 5 & 6, my fingers definitely want to play a G natural. I think that's because the chord underneath it is a G chord and playing the G slightly sharp adds weird dissonance. But listening to the recording slowed down multiple times, I am definitely hearing that dissonance. I agree that as your own fiddler, you can and should play those Gs however you want them. It's all about personal expression. But when I write down a tune from a source recording, I want to be as accurate to the source as possible. Writing them down as G naturals would be revisionist rather than descriptivist, and I firmly believe that a musician of Garry's caliber would be intentional about playing those Gs sharp, regardless of any 3rd party's ideas about dissonance.



I appreciate all the discussion too!



On a related note, earlier this month some videos were posted on youtube, including Garry playing Round Barn. I never saw Garry play in person and it's very cool to see his bowing arm play these tunes for the first time.



Garry Harrison - Round Barn






Man, he is "ROCKIN'" there, isn't he.!!! I'd guess that at that speed, he was just throwin' those fingers down and had no idea if they were sharp or flat!!! laugh



 


Edited by - TuneWeaver on 10/27/2019 16:13:49

TuneWeaver - Posted - 10/28/2019:  05:49:20


The Hangout really came through on this topic.. I now have tab and multiple slow, clear recording to try to emulate........and a good story about Garry Harrison. Here is another Garry Harrison anecdote... About 15 year ago I attended a rural, northern Illinois jam session.. It was outdoors, late at night, Dark, did I say Dark? About 8 of us were jamming on one side of a small log fire ......After one particular tune we all got quiet and just 'sat'...then I heard this deep, deep voice that said, "Lee? Is that you?." I thought it was GOD!! comin' to get me. No such luck.. I looked in the direction from which the voice came and saw Garry, leaning forward, looking at me and smiling. We were both far from our homes and neither of us was expecting to see the other at this jam..Garry arrived in the dark of night and just joined our jam.. Not an amazing story, I know, but to ME a very memorable moment..

bsed - Posted - 10/28/2019:  08:58:52


Here's mine:

Some years ago we were at Gilman in central Ill. having a jam. Probably 2013 or 2012. (Lee, I think you were in this jam I'm going to talk about here.) I led off Road To Westfield. Everybody did a super job on it! It was a 'kicking' jam. At the end of the tune one of the fiddlers (she's a member here) commented to me "That's just how Garry would have bowed it". I have always remembered that comment, because it was one of the best compliments I've ever received!

TuneWeaver - Posted - 10/28/2019:  09:35:54


quote:

Originally posted by bsed

Here's mine:



Some years ago we were at Gilman in central Ill. having a jam. Probably 2013 or 2012. (Lee, I think you were in this jam I'm going to talk about here.) I led off Road To Westfield. Everybody did a super job on it! It was a 'kicking' jam. At the end of the tune one of the fiddlers (she's a member here) commented to me "That's just how Garry would have bowed it". I have always remembered that comment, because it was one of the best compliments I've ever received!






His daughter may have attended that jam..!! She would have known, and yes it would have been a great compliment. Road To Westfield is my absolute favorite of all of his tunes.  I play it often.



 



 


Edited by - TuneWeaver on 10/28/2019 09:36:38

bsed - Posted - 10/28/2019:  11:01:59


I don't think Genevieve was there. I'd have been real nervous playing one of her dad's tunes in front of her.

TuneWeaver - Posted - 10/28/2019:  13:12:05


In listening to the slowed down tunes I'm noticing just how clearly he is playing at full speed...Impressive..His ability to do that is one reason he is one of the 'big boys' and I'm still a 'hacker'...I'd rename myself 'Humble by his Instrument", but that name is already taken..wink Maybe I should go from Tuneweaver to  Humbled by the Big Boys.cheeky

bsed - Posted - 10/28/2019:  13:39:03


A concession. I went through the chords today, played along with Garry. Yes, it's in D. And I see what ricepaper was saying about leaving both parts unresolved (since they end on an A chord). 

TuneWeaver - Posted - 10/28/2019:  13:42:21


quote:

Originally posted by bsed

A concession. I went through the chords today, played along with Garry. Yes, it's in D. And I see what ricepaper was saying about leaving both parts unresolved (since they end on an A chord). 






Not everybody can 'eat crow' as well as you, Bruce..!!heart

bsed - Posted - 10/29/2019:  09:26:29


If I hold other people to a standard of behavior, then I gots to meet that bar myself, I does.



Enough chatter. I gotta go play Round Barn now.


Edited by - bsed on 10/29/2019 09:27:37

TuneWeaver - Posted - 10/29/2019:  13:08:29


SInce we are on the subject.. Garry's tunes are copyrighted... There are no formal collections of transcriptions of his tunes... How does a copyright affect making/distributing transcriptions??

Tyler94 - Posted - 10/29/2019:  13:24:20


There are several free transcriptions of Dull Chisel on the web. They say "by Garry Harrison" on them but they don't say it's copyrighted. Maybe they should? Either way, the distribution of the transcriptions should be unrestricted so long as you're not profitting from them.

TuneWeaver - Posted - 10/30/2019:  09:07:01


Hey, I've decided to learn ALL of the tunes on the CD, Red Prairie Dawn... I was looking today at the Hangout Media tunes.Nice Jail Break  tune posted ... It turns out that the A tune Jail Break, can be played on just the A and E strings..I love two string tunes.. This'll be easy to jump to the low AE set of strings and it can easily be played in D or G in standard tuning.. Lots of potential..

Hay Mow, and 'Ol BOb transcriptions are available on the Tater Joe website..which by the way is a great resource site...taterjoes.com/fiddle/index.html


Edited by - TuneWeaver on 10/30/2019 09:08:12

bsed - Posted - 01/19/2020:  06:31:17


youtube.com/watch?v=POAsRlpmsy...=youtu.be



This is where I'm at on playing Round Barn. I might try it in a jam next time we're in D.



How's it sound, Lee?

TuneWeaver - Posted - 01/19/2020:  09:07:14


quote:

Originally posted by bsed

youtube.com/watch?v=POAsRlpmsy...=youtu.be



This is where I'm at on playing Round Barn. I might try it in a jam next time we're in D.



How's it sound, Lee?






Pretty good sounding, Bruce .. You might need some work of the first few phrases of the second part, but you Definitely are close!!!smiley

Brian Wood - Posted - 09/29/2020:  09:10:02


quote:

Originally posted by TuneWeaver

I want to add..I had the pleasure of jamming with Garry at least 50 times..






Somehow I missed this thread about Garry Harrison until the other day. Must have been during my sabbatical. A few years ago I was introduce to "Dull Chisel" at a jam at a fiddle festival in Cloverdale, CA. In the back of my mind I meant to find recordings of it to learn better, and I finally did. This opened me up to his wonderful tunes and playing. How had I missed him until now?



I don't know how successful you were at finding transcriptions. I will probably eventually do some. "Jailbreak", "Red Prairie Dawn", "Steam Machine", "Round Barn"? I have transcribed "Dull Chisel" but it's a version from "The Foghorn Stringband". Good, but not Garry's. I envy your association with him.

TuneWeaver - Posted - 09/29/2020:  09:43:12


quote:

Originally posted by Brian Wood

quote:

Originally posted by TuneWeaver

I want to add..I had the pleasure of jamming with Garry at least 50 times..






Somehow I missed this thread about Garry Harrison until the other day. Must have been during my sabbatical. A few years ago I was introduce to "Dull Chisel" at a jam at a fiddle festival in Cloverdale, CA. In the back of my mind I meant to find recordings of it to learn better, and I finally did. This opened me up to his wonderful tunes and playing. How had I missed him until now?



I don't know how successful you were at finding transcriptions. I will probably eventually do some. "Jailbreak", "Red Prairie Dawn", "Steam Machine", "Round Barn"? I have transcribed "Dull Chisel" but it's a version from "The Foghorn Stringband". Good, but not Garry's. I envy your association with him.






Just TODAY, I've been learning Pride Of America, ... Garry's daughter, Genevive actually has a CD with that title.. Garry made the tune popular.....The tune goes back PRE Civil War.. My favorite of his tunes is Road To Westfield, in cross A..



 

TuneWeaver - Posted - 09/29/2020:  09:54:08


A few days ago, someone on Facebook posted that they missed his playing.. I posted that I missed GARRY.. He was always a 'gentleman'..kind and approachable..

pete_fiddle - Posted - 09/29/2020:  13:01:00


Thanks for turning me on to his fiddling, don't know what it is about it, but i like it a lot, just been listening to some tracks here



Creek Delta Boys



...hope it's the same guy you're talking about...

bsed - Posted - 10/02/2020:  14:01:29


quote:

Originally posted by TuneWeaver

quote:

Originally posted by Brian Wood

quote:

Originally posted by TuneWeaver

I want to add..I had the pleasure of jamming with Garry at least 50 times..






Somehow I missed this thread about Garry Harrison until the other day. Must have been during my sabbatical. A few years ago I was introduce to "Dull Chisel" at a jam at a fiddle festival in Cloverdale, CA. In the back of my mind I meant to find recordings of it to learn better, and I finally did. This opened me up to his wonderful tunes and playing. How had I missed him until now?



I don't know how successful you were at finding transcriptions. I will probably eventually do some. "Jailbreak", "Red Prairie Dawn", "Steam Machine", "Round Barn"? I have transcribed "Dull Chisel" but it's a version from "The Foghorn Stringband". Good, but not Garry's. I envy your association with him.


My favorite of his tunes is Road To Westfield, in cross A..


 






I love playing that tune!



 

Brian Wood - Posted - 10/02/2020:  14:59:03


I just finished transcribing "Jail Break" today. I didn't mean to do that one first but it got stuck in my head. I might finesse the notation of the ornaments a little before posting it. I haven't actually played it much yet. I'll be transcribing at least a couple more and learning them. They'll go on fiddletunes.net.

Brian Wood - Posted - 10/23/2020:  15:17:05


quote:

Originally posted by TuneWeaver

No. As far as I can tell, they don't exist. I contacted one of Garry's relatives today asking about transcriptions to the tunes on the CD, Red Prairie Dawn.. and he is not aware of any .. Most of the tunes on the CD I can or Have already learned by ear from the recordings but one in particular, Round Barn.. is giving me trouble.. I don't suppose that one of you more talented musicians could make a transcriptions of it????






I've done Road To Westfield, Round Barn, Steam Machine, Jailbreak, and Dull Chisel so far, and put them on fiddletunes.net. Don't know if you're still looking for Round Barn or not. Now I have to learn them.

bsed - Posted - 10/27/2020:  15:10:39


Ya mean ya don't have to learn 'em before ya transcribe 'em?

Brian Wood - Posted - 10/27/2020:  15:54:39


quote:

Originally posted by bsed

Ya mean ya don't have to learn 'em before ya transcribe 'em?






No, not really. I transcribe tunes I want to learn. Then I can work from the transcripts to memorize the details. I guess most players don't do that and therefore don't understand the process. Making a transcript is fairly mechanical. That's because I'm not transcribing from my head. I'm transcribing from listening to someone's recording slowed down, a bar or two at a time. Computer helps a lot.


Edited by - Brian Wood on 10/27/2020 15:55:29

Hide these ads: join the Players Union!

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.046875